Brimbank Bicycle Users Group, Brimbug
Weekly Rides, Mostly on recreational trails, easy to moderate distances, Thursdays 9:30 am start, and two Sunday rides per month.
Brimbank Croquet Club Cairnlea.
A sport for body and mind.
Friends of Kororoit Creek
Come along to help beautify and restore the Kororoit Creek a major recreational water course through Brimbank.
Brimbank Multicultural Community Choir
Next term starts on the 4th February. There are no fees for term one. If you are interested in singing, come along and enjoy a range of songs for your own benefit or to sing in community events. Rehearsals are at the St Albans Community Center (STACC) in Princess Sreet, St Albans. This is a brand new venue located near Big Sams market, Phone no. 92494600 or email: email@example.com
No need to audition, just come along and enjoy the fun. Numbers are down and we would love to extend our membership. Our musical director is a very well know identity in the City of Brimbank. Please, if you are thinking of a new hobby try it out. It is on Monday nights from 7pm to 9pm with a small tea break. Love to see you there.
Elder Rights Advocacy (ERA) supports your right to quality care. ERA is the Victorian aged care advocacy specialist. There are similar organisations in every state and territory – we come together in a national network: the Older Persons Advocacy Network (OPAN).
Using an aged care advocate helps in the following ways:
1. corrects the imbalance of power between consumers and providers
2. enables older people to access aged care services smoothly
3. increases understanding of the costs and budgets of aged care services
4. ensures older people obtain best outcomes from service providers.
ERA works for the older person and are therefore able to push aged care providers quite strongly to improve the quality of care.
ERA services are free, confidential and independent of government and aged care providers. Our eligibility requirement is simple – the issue needs to relate to Commonwealth subsidised aged care.
ERA services include:
a. Information on aged care services 1800 700 600
b. Advocacy support to older people, their families and representatives in Victoria to:
1. access aged care
2. protect and assert their aged care rights
3. resolve problems with aged care providers
4. self-advocate or access an advocate’s support
5. live free of elder abuse.
c. Education sessions on the above to community organisations and to community groups
d. Community Visitors Scheme
Seniors Festival Celebrations
- Seniors Festival will be held on Wednesday 4th October between 12pm and 2pm at Watergardens Shopping Centre at the main stage as shown in the attachment.
Members from Tai Chi, FiziLatin, Line and Circle Dancing will be representing U3A Brimbank.
They will perform for our community.
Please support them by attending and/or promoting the event to family and friends.
You will need to book your FREE tickets via the link https://www.trybooking.com/CKPSS and receive a coffee card by showing your ticket at the event.
Check the flyer below for dates.
A Reminder to all voters
- Referendum 2023 will be held on Saturday 14th October between 8am and 6pm at your corresponding polling place. U3A Brimbank is politically neutral to this Referendum, but it is advisable to make yourselves familiar and understand the question.
The Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) has an excellent link, as shown below, which explains very clearly the government’s proposal to add to the Australian Constitution which can be changed only by the majority of votes from Australian citizens. https://www.aec.gov.au/referendums/learn/the-question.html